Sunday, May 22, 2011

Food Processor Love

Too expensive. Takes up counter space. I don't cook much anyway.


Those were my reasons for not purchasing a food processor sooner.


It takes too long. It's a pain and hassle (to chop/shred/slice).


Those were some of my excuses for not cooking.


A few weeks ago I was preparing parsnip pancakes and shredded my knuckles. The shredding took 20 minutes. I was grumbling, "I'm getting a food processor. I don't care how much it is, I'm not putting up with this anymore."


Within a couple of days I bought this:
Better Homes and Gardens
WalMart - $99
I've prepared dough with it and shredded cheese. And those parsnips? Less than one minute (that's right, uh huh, that's right).


This is how I feel about having a food processor:
source


It's such a big difference to have the right tool for the job.