Sunday, November 28, 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts Revisited

Kid Rating: 2 out of 3 like it (You guessed it; the 5 y.o. is the one who didn't, as usual).
Do, again? Yes!


Thank you, Anna and "Utah Mommy" for the helpful hints you left in the comment section of the first "Roasted Brussels Sprouts" post. (Click here to see it). And thank you Aunt Terri for the variation -- I'll be trying that, too, now that I think I have the basic recipe down.


"Utah Mommy" tried my suggestion to cut the sprouts in half and shared her results:


"We tried this tonight. I cut them in half like you suggested and thought that made a big difference. I also probably cut off a little more of the stem then what should've been, but I think that's the part that makes them bitter.

Anyway, we did have to "stir" instead of roll, and I probably only stirred them every 10 minutes instead of every 5. I think they ended up cooking for about 45 minutes, but I think they would've been fine at about 35 minutes. Two people in our family thought they were a bit over-cooked.

Anyway, I think this one is a keeper. It's the only way I've found so far where everyone said that they would eat them again, even though our 8-year old wasn't completely sold. The 18-month old ate them though!!!"