Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Mashed Potatoes

I don't have a measured amount of anything. It's all by sight and taste-preferences. Once, I didn't have regular soy or almond milk and only had vanilla soy. "What the heck, let's try that!" The vanilla soy milk was a wonderful surprise! It's so good. I don't even need gravy, personally. Now, this is not a health-food because of the processed oil from the vegan butter, the sodium, and sugar in the sweetened milk if you are watching for those things. But this is a family fave. {I am looking for WFPB mashed potato recipes, though :)}

Gravy link here
Ingredients: (conversions not verified by my kitchen scale, yet)
5-8 yellow potatoes, cooked
vegan butter
vanilla soy milk
garlic powder
onion powder
pepper
salt (I like kosher)

Directions:
-Mash the potatoes and gradually add milk about 2 Tablespoons at a time until you get the consistency desired
-Mash in the other stuff

Tip about salt: leave it out and only add it after it's been served. Having the salt on top rather than incorporated into the food can reduce the amount needed to satisfy the taste